In a message dated 11/7/2001 1:48:46 PM Eastern Standard Tim= e, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

I am replacing my exhaust syste= m and am wondering if there is any
substitute to the muffler strap.  Its a bit expensive and seems like I<= BR> should be able to make something else work.

       Blake, if you were to use the STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel = Muffler which comes with its own integral mounting bracket then you woul= d not need the expensive VW OEM brackets.  Click on the above highlight= ed link for complete details.  5% List Member discount applies if you a= sk for it when ordering !

Peace

Frank Condelli
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
BusFusion a VW C= amper camping event, Almonte, ON, May 30, 31, June 1, 2, 2002
'87 Westy & Lionel Trains
Member: Vanagon List, LiMBO, IWCCC & Capital City VW Club
Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley
STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless= Steel Mufflers
Frank Condelli & = Associates or http://frankcondelli.com