I've been driving my '82 Westy = diesel out here in California for several months now.  Good torque, love the sound = and smell of diesel in the morning...and with Biodiesel fuel as = an alternative, I don't have to contribute to the demand for that oil pipeline = through Afghanistan...  but driving on the freeway gets my heart pumping, = my jaw tense, and puts a definite strain on my meditation practice.  :-)

I have been reading with great = optimism the reports of power and fuel mileage gains from a turbodiesel = conversion.  I almost bought the quantum engine for sale on ebay because it is the only = turbo diesel that I have been able to find in months of searching the = classifieds and internet.  (the cost of shipping and the uncertainty of = the condition of the motor stopped my impulse)  I keep hearing about people = picking up wrecked cars with turbo diesels, but either I'm living in a diesel = drought area, (San Francisco Bay Area) or all the good deals have been snatched up a = long time ago.

Can anyone point me to a good = (honest) source for used (read inexpensive) turbo diesel engines?   =

Thanks.

Henry Jackson
Palo Alto, California
650-857-1034