To all within the sound of my voice - I have had Westies for over 40 years
and = always insisted on a manual tranny - Then after developing an arthritic
knee = (old sports injury), I tried my present Westy w/auto trans. I cannot
tell = you - Or words cannot describe the ease and comfort and sheer pleasure
of = driving w/out (especially in traffic) a lot inconvenience.
I just returned = from a trip to Ca. (I live in So. Florida) of about 7.5K
miles and nary a = whisper of discontent from engine or trans. Averaged just
under 20 MPG - I make = this trip fairly regularly and this trip with cruise
and auto was a snap. = Will try to avoid stick shifting from now on.
Bud Yandell