From: KENWILFY@AOL.COM
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, = 2001 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: coolent level = sensor

I just had = an '84 here that had the blinking coolant light thing.  I found that the wire = to the level sender was broken.  I spliced the wire back together and it = fixed the problem.  So, yes an open should make the system blink and on = these older vans, the temp needle will peg out.

I would agree = with you that the Bentley is really sketchy about this sender system. =  Does anyone know where the "Coolant Level Sensor relay" is located in an = '84 Vanagon?  It is not with the rest of the relays, and I couldn't = find it after spending some time searching under the dash.  Just curious. =

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com =