Joel,
There's really no need to explain your "dumb" questions, although it does make for interesting reading.  At one point or another, everyone on this list - with the exception, perhaps, of Unca Joel - have been rookies, newbies, or Wannabussers.  Nothing wrong with it.  In fact, it shows a certain gumption reserved for those that would rather know their vehicle and how it works rather than just driving it (oil?  What oil?).  I venture to say that your questions entice a knowing smile from those reading your notes, much like the smile you get when you think of your kids.  "I was there once."

If you haven't thought of it yet, you're going to be asking where the windshield washer fluid bottle is (lift the drivers side floor mat - it's right about where your left foot rests while driving), where the brake fluid goes (behind the speedo and tach), and whether Fram oil filters are okay for you bus (they're not!!).

Do yourself a favor - if you're into doing the maintenance of your bus yourself, get thee a Bentley manual.  It's a great tool, as valuable as a good set of wenches...umm...make that wrenches, sockets, and multi-meter.  And ask those questions!  No one on this list is going to complain.  Poke fun - in a heartbeat.  But not complain.

(I'm going to get clobbered for mentioning this, but...)  Just don't bring up topics like, "Where's the best place to hide my gun in my Westy".  Or "Is it okay to bury the plastic wrappers from my Twinkies when I'm camping?"  Or the all-time classic, "Is it better to dump my coolant down the storm sewer or just dig a hole in the yard - the soil's sandy and it'll percolate pretty quick-like...?"

Enjoy your bus.  Enjoy the list.  Ask questions.  And congrats on your new child.  I've two (2 and 5 YO boys) and they love my bus!

Alan Bosch
& Phred ('88 Wolfsburg)
...Truth, justice, and a six-pack to go...