Yes.  I have successfully replaced = those vinyl coverings with one that I bought at Home Depot.  But I had to go = through a lot of sample books 'till I found one that was acceptable to me.  I = also experimented with replacing complete ceilings and sliding door panels = with thin boards that have the vinyl on them originally.  Those were = discontinued since but can be reordered if I can present the code number to = them.
Aquireing the vinyl wall paper covering = is the best method to pretty up the interior where it is necessary and inside the cabinets.  In high heat areas these are really getting the = beating.  Only thing is to choose one that is as good or better than the = original.  I used wall paper glue to stick it on.
Zoltan
----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Schlamp
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, = 2001 5:40 PM
Subject: 81 Vanagon Interior = Panels

I am new to the list.  What a = great resource.  I am in the process of repairing all of the interior = panels in my 81 Westy.  it seems that the panel above the drivers cabin as = well as the sliding door and others have either become brittle and broken or = lost their glue and become loose.  I am finding it difficult to get a = match at any local auto upholstery  venue.  I was hoping to avoid = having to replace the tan mac-tac like stuff for all of the interior = panels.  Not to mention that much of the cupboards also have the stuff = inside.  Any ideas.

Ron = Schlamp