I talked to Peter about how this problem with smog in California happened since he had some vans that passed smog in that state.  He said that a Vanagon with a waterboxer in it had been flagged by an earlier inspection as a "gross polluter".  When the customer went back to the inspection station with the much cleaner running Tiico, this set off all kinds of alarms at the smog center.  Why did this van go from being a heavy smoker to a clean burner?  They looked under the lid and saw the evil non-stock engine configuration and didn't pass it.  I mean who cares if the engine in there now is cleaner burning than the waterboxer ever was?  The only thing that matters is that all of the proper hoops were jumped through and that the proper palms are greased.  Give me a break!!!

Thanks,
Ken Wilford
John 3:16
www.vanagain.com