My 90 vanagon was running a bit to cool for any good heat and so I figured the thermostat must be stuck open. The gauge would not go past the little white mark on the bottom. Today I replaced the thermostat and it's running much hotter the gauge now hovers between the red indicator light and slightly above. I now have heat. I am just worried if this is to hot or normal? I don't remember since It was running so cool for so long. the original thermostat says 87 deg centigrade the new one is an after market rated at 190 deg Fahrenheit. I think that's close enough. Any one have any insight on this? thanks John 1990 vanagon GL 2.1