From: John = Lunetta 1990 Vanagon GL
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 = 6:52 PM
Subject: thermostat

My 90 = vanagon was running a bit to cool for any good heat and so I figured the = thermostat must be stuck open. The gauge would not go past the little white mark on = the bottom. Today I replaced the thermostat and it's running much hotter = the gauge now hovers between the red indicator light and slightly above. I now = have heat. I am just worried if this is to hot or normal? I don't remember = since It was running so cool for so long. the original thermostat says 87 deg centigrade the new one is an after market rated at 190 deg Fahrenheit. = I think that's close enough. Any one have any insight on this? thanks John = 1990 vanagon GL 2.1