I recently read the article which is titled Heat, Rust and Noise and linked to the Vanagon site.  I found this very informative and I want to try this.  I am wondering if others have tried it and if so what their reactions to it are.  .
    I am wondering if it is ok to fill the channels talked about completely with the foam spray.  Should I leave a spot open in the lowest part of each channel for moisture to escape?  Can I use a hose to get the stuff in the channel above my windows in the rear side areas?  Does it matter what expansion type of foam I use?  Will the stuff expand so much as to push out any of the tin, assuming I use it only within the channels and not just in the wall cavities?
    After opening up some of the panels I see that moisture has been trapped in side.  The bit of yellow insulation I pulled out was damp on the bottom.  I also see a small bit of surface rust on the inside of the cavity at the bottom along with some gunk.  How do I clean this up before putting Kool Patch on?  How do you steam clean?  Also after I have the area clean do I pain the Kool Patch right to the bottom and perhaps up the inside tin of the cavity just a bit to make a bathtub effect in the bottom of the cavity?
    I have located the Q-pads at a local retailer, I have not found the Kool Patch as of yet, nor have I found the NASA insulation.  Do you have any suggestions in terms of new products that might improve on what you used (I am not sure when you wrote your article)?  I know that 3M makes some great heat barrier kinds of materials.
    Sorry for all the questions.  Like anyone who is new to this kind of thing I feel like I really want to do my research, before I do something stupid.
Ron Schlamp
r.schlamp@sk.sympatico.ca