Is that the black box above the coil on the drivers side of the engine comp= artment?  I'll clean heck out of the contacts and see what happens.

Thanks,

Mike

From: Wontfailyah@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 15:07:31 EST
To: mwmiller@cwnet.com, vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com
Subject: Re: Van Gremlins

Just went thru similar ordeal with= my '86 Westy.
Replaced ECU.....3 weeks & several hundred miles so far......no more pr= oblem.

Of course it may have been just the connection, so I = plan to clean it well and reinstall the "apparently" bad ECU to de= termine if it was just the connections.
Tim Timothy
Pensacola, FL