Absolutely correct Jim. My "anheisers" got in the = way of that one! ;>) Headed for Moab tonight....my Westy has been there so many = times, and given my obvious misdirection, hope it finds the way... in the dark. = Bob
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim = Arnott
To: Bob Stevens ; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Thursday, November 15, = 2001 12:23 AM
Subject: Re: Camping in San = Diego?

Belmont park is where you surf, drink beer and ride the = roller coaster.

Balboa Park is where you look at old airplanes and = cars, old art, old
plays (replica of Globe theatre), curious animals ("The = World Famous San
Diego Zoo") and ride the coolest minature railroad around.

For camping, it sort of depends on how close to metro = S.D. you want to
be.  As a displaced native, I'd suggest the state = beach campgrounds.
Cardiff, San Onofre etc. The mountain campgrounds. = Burnt Rancheria,
Horse Heaven and the desert campgrounds, Butterfield = Ranch, anywhere in
the Anza Borrego desert. There's also the County = campground at Lake Jennings.

For a kinda close but out of metro S.D. = commercial campground, you might
try the Vacationer in El Cajon.  I kept = my Class "A" motorhome there for years.

For stealth camping, try the Dog = Beach parking lot in Ocean Beach.

Jim = Arnott