> Do not be afraid of dealerships. It is a myth that they charge more. T= hese
> days everyone has to be competitive.

William:
<myth>
HA  Ha  ha ha ha ha ha ha!
If I understand correctly ...you hail from New Albany... who could you poss= ibly mean?
You can't be speaking of Byers Imports nearby to New Wexlertown  and s= urely not the Georgesville Rd. dealership; or perhaps the crosstown  MA= G in Triplin ( used to be Dublin).  In my fifteen years' experience wit= h VW  vans, the first two of these places shied from Vanagons when they= were much newer. Because of this they sold VERY FEW vans and know next to n= othing about them now.  MAG, while capable at Vanagon repairs, is very = expensive ($2K for new heads in 1995 for PO).
Try getting a real estimate from any of several fine private repair shops i= n central OH and then compare!
ROTFL!!!!!!!
And it's not even Friday!
--
Stephen