I have had some attempts with arm = rest go as smooth as silk then a few that were very, very difficult. I think a = cup of coffee might help and the time of day or fatigue etc., etc., etc.. today = was an especially tough day with the arm rests for me.

William
----- Original Message -----
From: Randy Charrette
To: developtrust@HOME.COM ; vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com =
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, = 2001 4:39 AM
Subject: Re: Removing arm rests = for repair of arm rest posts and to install perfect fit seat covers

I just had to remove an arm rest myself a few weeks ago (it was = loose). My biggest problem was getting it off! It took some big wacks with the = hammer to get that pin out. As far as getting it back together I didn't have any = trouble. Next time start the pin in the arm rest first. then insert = onto knob. Then I had trouble getting the punch to sit right, so I took a smaller = hammer (more surface area) and laid that on the pin and hit it with bigger = hammer. I know this is not recommended and all that, but it went right in. No = trouble. I would pull an arm rest any time with this method. No = problem!

Randy Charrette

87' Syncro weekender