Question = for fellow gearheads: Why is a 'bar type' or 'dial indicator' torque wrench = specified vs. the 'clik type' that I have for torquing the heads? Acurracy? If so, = then is it not hard to see the indicator?

When torquing heads on a VW, the torque must be HELD = for a few moments at the specified amount.  A "Click" type wrench clicks off = upon reaching the specified setting and will leave you = "Under-torqued".

Even the best of the dial or bar type torque = wrenches are not as accurate at the extremes of their scales.  I have several torque = wrenches so that I'm always working at about the halfway point along = their scales.

Mike
'84 GL