I've been searching the archives = to find the messages abut the 6 cylinder engine some of you put in your Vanagons = and I can not seem to find it. Was it called the SR6?

Can someone who knows about it = email me some info on the 6 cylinder engine or refer me to a source with = details like where to find and buy one. I'm not ready for a new engine just yet = and probably not for a long time but I want to do some research & know = more about it. Sounds fast, powerful and reliable and I like power in my vehicles.

By the way since I bought the = 1989 Vanagon I hardly ever drive my Mercedes anymore and it is a classy, comfortable = and luxury car. I seem to prefer the versatility of the "master vehicle."