From: Julianna = Thoennes
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM =
Sent: Saturday, November 24, = 2001 12:18 AM
Subject: Steering wheel = problems

Well Stan made me think of my horn = problems on my steering wheel.  Several months ago, the contact ring on = the on the upper side of the steering wheel started shredding, and sounding = the horn when I would turn a corner.  I started duct taping it, and I = finally went down to the dealer.  The parts guy had a heck of a time figuring = out what I was telling him.  Finally he got what I was saying, and told me = the only way to fix it was to purchase a new steering wheel.  Please = guys, and gals tell me its not true!  Stan said something about a = contactor ring in the steering wheel/seats thread, and prompted my post.  Help?

Julianna
90 VW Vanagon = Westfalia
76  VW Automatic Bay Westfalia
74 VW Beetle