Bring it to Texas or Arizona, California would also work.

Stan Wilder

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 08:32:29 -0800 developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM> writes:=
I'm going to do regular body = inspections for rust as long as I own my Vanagon to keep the body rust free. = Does anyone have any tips on preserving an already virtually rust free vehicle?

My neighbor did not know what= naval jelly was when I was treating the rust on my bumper hitch getting it = ready for paint. Now I wish I had just taken it off and powder coated it. I may yet= do that.

That naval jelly is marvelous. It = may take several applications and a wire brush to help it work into the = rusted area but it eats away rust down to the bare metal so well. It just takes= patience.

I feel very fortunate to have = bought a van whose original owner was European who knew how to take care of the = body of that vanagon. So little rust it was almost perfect when I bought it.

William