I would check = the fuses, to see if they are seating tight in the sockets, mine were loose when I = first bought the van. The PO tod me to push on the fuse box if I needed = the wipers...
----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Doss
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 = 9:39 AM
Subject: Faulty Switch or = Relay?

I have = experienced an intermittent failure with my headlights and wipers quitting at the = same time.  I thought I'd try swapping out the headlight switch.  How = can I determine if it's the relay that's really the problem? Right now, I'm = just going to wait for the failure to occur again, then try the new switch. =  Are there any relays in the system which are not found in the = fuse panel?

Thanks
Brian Doss
'88 Weekender