Jonathan Lewis wrote
Hi all!    Can I easily put a' = '86 2.1 from a Synchro into my '85 [1.9]?
What _must_ be changed? And is there an archive/website/contact that might
help me with this swap? I am not = afraid of wiring if that is needed. TIA,
JinNJ
the short reponce is treat = it like a 1.9 use everything over except the long block from the 85. you will also = need to change the pipe for the oil filter to eliminate the oil cooler
I have 2.1s in both of my 85s one = is a big valve engine looks just like a 1.9 until you drive = it
Bob Donalds
http://www.bostonengine.com