Any ideas on shoring up the cigarette lighter when it's been removed one ti= me too many?  Both of mine are really loose.
bmc  :)
"Faith will move mountains, but you'd better bring a shovel...."<= BR>

From: "S.C. Harrison" <diverse_imaging@YAHOO.COM> Reply-To: "S.C. Harrison" <diverse_imaging@YAHOO.COM>= ;
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:18:35 -0800
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject: Re: Heater/vent control panel/cigarette lighter illuminatin= g lights...

It is actually fairly easy to remove the cigaret= te lighter from the dash.

While it may not be the preferred or only way of doing it, I= have found that using a wooden or plastic wedge in a prying motion around t= he circumference of the socket works well. IIRC, the lighter is only a frict= ion-fit situation, no pesky screws or other. Limited slack in the wiring, so= when it finally gives proceed with caution.

Just be patient and apply the prying evenly.

Scott
82 Westy