In a message dated 11/29/01 1:19:08 PM Eastern Standard Time, hradek@YAHOO.COM writes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1670817613
someone from ebay had something to stick into a
mystery hole beneath the glove box for a westy.   Is
this some kinky european thing or am I missing a hole
in my 87 westy?   If you have this hole is it negative
hot or positive hot?   it "is" almost friday, gary

the 84 westy was the last vw camper to have the euro outlet for the acessory 12v "silver socket" plug.   it was on all 74-84 westfalias.  this plug can be found at your local John deere dealer, or your local BMW motorcycle dealer.   i got one from John Deere, and use it to power a 12v fan on my 78 westy's dash.

chris