> Date:    Sun, 26 Oct 1997 18:49:39 = -0500
> From:    Sudhir Desai <cdes@WELCHLINK.WELCH.JHU.EDU= >
> Subject: sunroof?
>
> are there any vanagon's with factory sunroofs?
> where are they located on the roof, how do they = work(slides, tilts,
> fixed)?

Yesterday a colleague showed me his = 1980 Vanagon.  It had a factory sunroof installed -- Biggest sunroof I = ever saw!  Located in the middle of the roof -- from about the front of = the middle seats to about the back of the back seats.  Reminded me of = the cover on a dome staium.  A handle on the inside roof of the Van is turned = (kinda like on a Bug, I believe) and the sunroof slides straight back into the = rear of the roof.  Availability?  Anybody's guess...  This Van is = for sale, I think for $650.

Chris Higgins
chiggins@bellatlantic.net
1981 Vanagon L
1988 Jetta = GL