In '87 I bought a 16V = Scirocco.  Among other things I upgraded the lighting to the euro-spec H4 and H1 = system.  Very soon after that I saw my first Vanagon with square = headlights.  It occurred to me then, and I still wonder, aren't these lights actually = the same dimensions?  I'll explain: my  Scirocco had euro lights that = looked exactly like the DOT approved lights on the recent Vanagons except, on = the Scirocco the main (hi-low) units were e-code h4's with the white blanket = of light on low beam limited by the razor sharp beam cutoff.  The high = beams were awesome.  The question then is... has anyone else noticed this = similarity and are the e-code Scirocco lights (still available, $299/set = I think) actually the same as e-code Vanagon lights?  If so, that's = my answer to headlight woes.

Gary