My Westy was towed to Sonoma VW they = checked it out and it was not giving them the problems it gave me.
they said that = they adjusted the idle and a few other miner things and will run it through an engine analyzer  and drive/ stop/ start it for a day or so to see if it = acts up again.
-----Original = Message-----
From: ghamburg <ghamburg@vom.com>
To: = Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>
Dat= e: Tuesday, March 24, 1998 2:29 PM
Subject: Westy = stalled/wont start

Help! the other day my 84 water = cooled wolfs westy fired up ok but a few blocks from my house it stalled and = would not start a tow truck driver fiddlled with the air flow meter and was = able to get it started again the following morning it would turn over but = not start I could smell gasoline what should I do? 155.000 miles on dash meter = but at some unknown point previous owner replaced engine with canadian remanafactured engine
ghamburg@vom.com