You can hook a hose up to the main propane tank to fuel a lamp or stove. one way would be to add a T fitting under the sink and simply connect a hose there and run it out behind the driver's seat.  hole is already there

if you are going to burn a propane lamp in the bus, though, you need to make sure you keep a window open at least a 1/2"...and the top vewnt window open a little too.  A propane lamp can burn all the o2 in the bus and cause asphyxiation.  same with the stove.  also be aware that propane when burned gives off water vapor...abouit 30% of what you burn turns to h2O...this can and will accumulate inside the van...including behind the panels....where it can eventually cause rust...and mildew...depending on how much propane you burn inside and how well you vent when you do burn it.

steve
Dane Tessler wrote:

 I hate zipping through those little propane bottles with my Coleman lantern.I have seen those attachments that adapt the lantern to a larger BBQ type propane tank, but I don't want to carry a tank like that in the van. Is there any way to add an inline fitting to Westy propane tank line and run the lantern (or campstove) from it?  Would this be safe?  If possible,  what length hose could I get away with?ThanksDane Tessler
87 Westfaliahttp://members.aol.com/Dane714/westfalia.html