-----Original = Message-----
From: Steven X. Schwenk <sxs@concentric.net>
To: Dane Tessler <dane714@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>= ; vanagon List <vanagon@vanagon.com>
Dat= e: Wednesday, March 25, 1998 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: Westy = Propane Tank Adaptation

You can hook a hose up to the = main propane tank to fuel a lamp or stove. one way would be to add a T = fitting under the sink and simply connect a hose there and run it out behind = the driver's seat.  hole is already there

if you are going to burn a propane lamp in the bus, though, you = need to make sure you keep a window open at least a 1/2"...and the top = vewnt window open a little too.  A propane lamp can burn all the o2 = in the bus and cause asphyxiation.  same with the stove.  also be = aware that propane when burned gives off water vapor...abouit 30% of what = you burn turns to h2O...this can and will accumulate inside the = van...including behind the panels....where it can eventually cause rust...and mildew...depending on how much propane you burn inside and how well = you vent when you do burn it.

steve
Dane Tessler wrote:

 I hate zipping through those little propane bottles with my Coleman lantern.I have seen those = attachments that adapt the lantern to a larger BBQ type propane tank, but I don't = want to carry a tank like that in the van. Is there any way to add an inline fitting to Westy propane tank line and = run the lantern (or campstove) from it?  Would this be safe?  = If possible,  what length hose could I get away = with?ThanksDane Tessler
87 Westfaliahttp://members.aol= .com/Dane714/westfalia.html