I agree...good Response.

Sean Bartnik wrote:

> Sean is what we call a new-fangled "affilate" of Amazon -- he gets 5% of
> each sale that goes through his website. While I don't mind whatsover him
> making money on the research he did to assemble his list (a worthy task
> in-and-of itself) I believe he should be forthright and upfront with the
> list in that he has a financial interest in guiding people to his website
> and on to Amazon.

Yep, that's true.  Thought it would be obvious, I don't think I'd go
through all this trouble for free :-)
Please note, though, that ordering through my site, the 5% does not come
out of an increased book price.  You pay the same price you would pay as
if you would order from Amazon, except I get a cut.

> I would rather see Sean donate his index to the Vanagon list (could it be
> hosted at vanagon.com?) and let the monies generated by his compilation go
> into the "kitty" to maintain our wonderful mailing list and archives.

I'm sure you would.
However, I hooked up with Amazon.com to see if I could put a little
extra cash in my pocket, not as a charity source.  However, I don't have
a problem with donating some $$ to the list, but first I have to make
some :-)

--
Sean Bartnik
Fredericksburg, Virginia