The black plastic air vents on the = rear-most windows of our '88 GL have what looks like a filter or a buffer of some = sort inside.  I want to get at this to see if it is plugged and can be = cleaned. What's the trick to opening this vent up?  I have tried just prying = around the edges, but I fear breaking the plastic or the glass.  =
The reason for my question is the = pressure build up inside the van.  It appears that nothing is passing through this = vent.  The doors won't close without a window open or a determined = slam, and the heater blower labors unless a window is opened.  Is there a = trick?

Gary