I did a little more thinking about = the problem you pose:
1. The post about being sure the = batteries are isolated~the '95 EVC has a solenoid that connects the deep cycle battery = to the charging circuit when the ignition is on and disconnects it when the = ignition is off.
2. If the battery loses its charge = within a couple days, it may be the battery is the problem. When I bought my EVC = it had been outside on a dealer's lot for the winter. The propane alarm had = discharged the battery. A discharged battery is much more susceptible to freezing = than a fully charged one. That had been a cold winter and the discharged deep = cycle battery had frozen cracking the case. There was just enough electrolyte = left in the battery to make it appear that it was working, but it didn't last = long. I had to replace the battery. The life of a deep cycle battery is much = shorter than a automotive battery anyway. So---Check the electrolyte level in = your deep cycle battery. If any of the cells have plates that aren't covered by electrolyte, remove the battery after disconnecting the leads, and check = the battery case. If it's cracked, the battery needs to be = replaced.
3. Note that if you connect an = external charger to the deep cycle battery, it should be disconnected from the vehicle = first. I use the converter to charge mine. Simply plug in the electric cord and = the converter should charge the deep cycle battery if it's working right.

Good luck. Let me know how it works out.

Marve

'95 EVC