Ok,  here's my 2 = cents:

41. Born, Charleston, S.C.(Navy Brat). Raised in NYC = and Tokyo, Japan.
Went to Bard College in Upstate NY, where I was = majoring in Hard Partying until I took a flying lesson on a whim.
Ended up at National Aviation Academy in St. = Petersburg, FL.  Got my tickets and landed (no pun intended) a job as a flight instructor and sightseeing pilot in Key West,  where my love affair = with Florida went into full swing.

I now live on Treasure Island, FL with my wife and = two kids.  I thrive on flexibility so I work as a part time musician, = part time pilot,
and full time Dad.

I've had three VW's:  A 1959 Bug (my first car = bought for $50),  A 1971 Bus (worked all summer to fix it up for the = proverbial California trip and wrecked it two days before departure!), and = currently and 87 Vanagon Camper.  The current vehicle is serving three = purposes:  1.  It ties up a loose end with regard to the ill-fated 71 = Bus.  2.  It is helping me enjoy my mid-life crisis in = style.
3.  It is providing a wealth of wonderful = experiences with my family, as you can see by going to
http://members.aol= .com/Dane714/westfalia.html

My other loves are guitars and sailboats.  Plan to trade in = the pontoon boat for one as soon as the kids get a little bigger.

Was there something in there about driving habits?  OK

-I always warm it up for 30-60 seconds before leaving
-I "baby" it with slow smooth acceleration
-I have never had it above 65MPH or 4000rpm. (wouldn't want to miss = anything)

I'm trying to milk the head job that was done on it before I got = ahold of it.

That's about it.

Dane Tessler
87 Westfalia = 138K
Treasure Island, FL