I have experienced a similar problem = with one of my 87 Syncro's. Cold start
and run is fine. Problem comes = when the engine begins to heat up. Too much
fuel when running warm. I = have switched out the blue temp sensor with a new
one, tried swapping = computers with one of the other Syncros, put on a
brand-new airflow = box, idle regulator, idle satbilizer, and switched O2
sensors with a = "used" one. Nothing has made a difference. I have given = up
and sent the vehicle to my mechanic, and now he is = baffled.

He did find the the low (hot) resistance given by the = new temp sensor was
not dropping quite low enough, but replacing it = with another new one did
not help either. Monday I should know if a = new O2 sensor is going to make a
difference.

Any other = suggestions would be welcome. When we discover a remedy I will
post = it to the list.

Mike Vickey northwestern Pennsylvania - on = beautiful Lake Erie
vickrail@velocity.net

My VW van collection:
84 Wolfsburg Vanagon = (parts)
85 DblCab PickUp light gray
87 GL Syncro #1 Wolfram gray = "Flash"
87 GL Syncro #2 dove blue met. "The Blue = Flash"
87 GL Syncro #3 Wolfram gray
87 GL Brown = "Betty"
88 DblCab PickUp slate blue
91 GL Westfalia = Camper Orly blue