First off I would like to again thank all of you out their that took the time to = respond to my question "What year vanagon to buy?" It took me about a = week to try and find those answers on the engine, and headlight changes on the = net. But after joining this wonderful list I got the answeres to my questions 20 = minutes after I posted. I think that that is just great. So thanks again to all = of you.  Anyone else with more advice on which year vanagon to buy, = please share your views, I'm still puzzeled on what is better air-cooled with = no heat or water cooled with potential problems.  Also what should I look = for when searching for a vanagon westy? Like is their a way to check to see if = the cooling system is alright or the heads? Any and all info would be great.

Julio = T
63 Beetle
91 Jimmy(to be replaced by a nice vanagon westfalia!)