Yah, Yah I know the new beetle has nothing to do with vanagons, but its still a volkswagen right?  I just wanted to let everyone know on how = pleased I am with the new beetle.  I made the half hour trip from home to a = volkswagen dealer here in town that call themselves "your westy headquarters".  They always have alot of vans for sale.  = They had about 10 vanagons and 40 eurovans of various years and models., anyway = as you all know Ive posted my requests on "what year vanagon to buy" = so I was out looking.  Anyway after looking at their highly overpriced = westy's (ex. $10,995cdn for a '84 westy with 180,000km and a beat up interior.) We = decided to go look at the beetle.  It was very, very nice! I just loved = it.  I took the 2.0L five speed out for a spin, it was GREAT.  Just like = old times in my '63 beetle, but with tons of power, it handled excellent and the = tranny shifted smoothley. it was very comfortable and everyone on the street = looked at it and pointed, this car truly rules!!! I pulled up to a guy in a = restored Mach1 Mustang and he was looking at ME! The new beetle is truly a new legend. = Going to have to trade in the wife's 95 golf for a '98 beetle.  Well their's = my report.

Julio T ( a = little bit happier today after the test drive, but still hungry for a vanagon westy!)

Vancouver B.C.