Mega bucks?  you didn't plan on = buying every FI piece individually and plugging them in did you?  Bosch FI = book-20 bux, pressure gauge-make your own for 15.  So you got 35 = "mega" bux wrapped up into trouble shooting your FI.  BTW, you might learn = something too..:)
-----Original = Message-----
From: David Chasteen <dchaz@GTE.NET>
To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>
Dat= e: Wednesday, April 29, 1998 5:28 PM
Subject: Webber = 2-stage Carb... was clogged cat?

Well, I decided to go ahead and pull the cat... = and I'm glad I did.  Seems the PO had stripped the cat... just a hollow = pipe now...  so I guess I'm back to the FI again.  To say the = least, I'm sick to death of it.

About 10 years ago, I had a T-3 wagon and put a = Webber progressive carb on it when the ECU fried.  Has anyone tried = this with an air-cooled vanagon.  Dual carbs are such a hassle to keep = balanced (had em in a 72 bug once upon a time), so I would like to go with a = simple carb if possible.  I'm really not up to spending mega bucks = figuring out how to make the FI work right.

Any suggestions?

Chaz
'82 Westy "Peewee"