Malcolm Holser wrote:
Perhaps a survey of what we who *have* Syncros actually paid for them,
and something of their condition, along with what anybody out there is
willing to actually pay for one would be enlightening.

My syncro westfalia:

purchased 5/94,  1990 white syncro westfalia GL, 45,000 miles $22,000 cash after looking at every van for sale (25 easy) between Monterey and Sacramento over 2-month search.

Current cond.: garage kept entire life...no rust, dents, only very few little nicks, etc, but crack in rear bumper soon to be replaced.  New tires (michellin) brakes, rotors, drums, shocks, air filter, wires, belts, tune-up stuff, rear heater core, 02 sensor, temp. sensor, water pump (30k ago), fresh syn. trans/diff. oil, no leaks ever.

Extras
custom built removable jump seat w/seat belt
solar charger
trickle charger
Porpox
plat-cat portable htr.
Optimus aux batt w/own relay
inverter wired into one outlet
hot water heater
inside/outside temp gauge
inside fridge temp gauge
new, quiet fridge fan
small mounted (3") digital alarm clock w/snooze
custom cup holders (nice!)
interior reading and mood lighting (5)
native american woven carpets
lights in sink cabinet and closet
10 CD Blankput changer
window insulation for winter camping
pop top insulation re same
insulated all body compartments-doors
projectzwo fog lights (installing now)
roof rack (removable)
nice china, silverware, wine glasses (special holder), wine cellar (mods to the
  little cabinet by the (electrical outlet)
outside tarp
bicycle rack for rear

In progress: replacing some front end bushings, new u-joints, side tent, maybe CB, looking for small utility trailer (you have to bring lots of junk camping with 5 year old twins)

current mileage: 94,000
asking price:  Not for sale till new syncro campers available.  I have had several people leave notes on windshield wanting to buy...one guy wanted to sawp his 1993 Land Rover (They start at about $55,000 new).

steve