Well we bought our '86 Vanagon 3 weeks ago. It has been a nice change over the '74 bus we were driving. The A/C blows ice cold, I can go up long hills with out flooring it, and when I used the heat (just wanted to for fun) it blew out nice and warm. But as we all know, everything comes with a price.

My problem is this:
1 week ago we had a rainstorm overnight and the Vanagon would not start until that afternoon.
2. Today it has been raining for about 20 hours straight, and once again the Vanagon won't start.

I looked in the archives and about all I turned up was dirty connectors.
I don't have my Bentley yet. Is there are a good online source (other than you guys/gals) for troubleshooting the FI system?
Is this something that is common?

Next
My expansion tank is loosing coolant ever so slowly. I don't have cement driveway to spot the leaks, but I always look after I have been parked on cement and don't see anything. Where are some good places to look for slow leaks?

Thank you.

Chip da family man.......4 kids and 1 cookin