Björn wrote in reference to a group of relays I should check and see if are wet:

On the right rear there is an air channel from the top towards the engine.
Inside it accessible from the engine there is the relay box. The air from
the engine is usually taken from there. On Syncro models the channel is
actually covered with a cardboard/plastic cover which can be removed. This
is accessible from the engine on the right rear.

I looked at this location. The air hose from my air cleaner is hooked onto a plate like thing in the hole where the air comes out after being funnled from above. How do I remove this plate? I looked and it appears that it is secured from the other side, but I can't find the other side! Any ideas welcome...Thanks....

-Chip