Vanagonians:
About a week back I = asked for help with location of fuel filter/pump. Received many kind replies although = the directions were inconsistent with what I found. I was told = pump/filter(s)  were to be found hanging about 1' inside the line of the sliding door = and that I wouldn't have to remove any bottom plate. It didn't take long to find = them having been directed to the correct general location. But on my 85 GL = the pump and one single plastic filter were found beneath (above) a protective = plate. The fuel pump was mounted to a rubberized bracket toward the centre line of = the vehicle on the inside edge of the steel beam. Is this just a Canadian feature?
Question 1: Replace = fuel lines??? there is some sign of a gas leak in the area. It must be very slow as = there is no sign of puddling, just a wetness in the area of the fuel pump and on = the connecting lines close to it. The plastic cube filter seems pretty fresh = and clean from the outside.
One of the respondants = to my original plea suggested that it is time to replace them. Seems logical; any = experience out there to point me in the right direction>>>how much of the = fuel line? On all nipples to the fuel pressure reg. too? Had that replaced = about 2 months ago and the mechanic didn't seem concerned.
Question 2: What should the fuel pump sound like? It is making = a whirring noise with some very faint hiccups or minor gurgles. Any experience out = there with these symptoms?
Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you might be able to give me,

Leo, Meaford ON