Guess you guys get the same amount of "true stories" in the US as we do in Sweden
FEX:
elderly ladie who just bought new car comes back to dealer and complaints about th car running rough after a while.
salesman jumps in her car just to watch her pull Choke lever and hang up her handbag on it
-what a laugh at the lunchtable!
or the story about the old man who just gets his fourth new Volvo in a row on the warranty and the mecanic wants to take a ride with him to check the gearbox - where the problem occurs!
the guy drives away telling the mecanic what he´s doing:
"OK- start engine, cluch down , first gear, cluch up"
and away they go
" cluch down, second...."
"cluch down , third...."
"up on the freeway, fourth gear"
"55 mph, fifth gear"
" and now it´s time for some serious speed, cluch down, Racing gear...."
and that was the end of yet another gearbox !!
Speaking ´bout Volvo, guess you´ve seen the Volvo 240 which when it came back in -75 was regarded to have the markets ugliest bumpers!
following incident is supposed to have happend:
One guy stops his Volvo 240 by the road to take a short break.
Forgets his lights on with just the suspected result: drained battery.
along comes a young girl in another 240, stops and asks if he needs assistance?
"great, my car wont start, do uou have any jumper cables?"
"sorry"
"how about a towing rope?"
"nope"
"well, we´ll solve it anyway, you just put your bumper against mine and push me a little bit"
"but.."
no worries, its gonna work just fine"
"ok"
"By the way, my car´s an automatic, so we´ll have to reach ´bout 40mph before I put it in gear!"
"oh, dunnow if I dare"
"It´s gonna work just fine, trust me"
"OK"- she says, both jump in their cars.
after a couple of seconds,when nothing has happened, he looks in his mirror just to find out that she´s going away in reverse just to make sure she ´ll be able to reach 40mph BEFORE SHE´LL HIT HIM!
The tip about the cupholder was good though, perfect for a coke or a beer can!!!!
Happy hollidays
Calle