Bill wrote:

 I have just upgraded to WIN98 and having all kinds of problems. When I first installed it, my system crashed! (intel 166/mmx, 64M ram, etc). I had to revert back to WIN95. Though in doing this, my system files were all screwed up from installing WIN98 (library files were gone, drivers missing, etc.) I did follow MICROSOFT directions and I think that's where I messed up. I know my system and should have ignored WIN98 suggestions. (example: WIN98 said my modem was using COM2, when it wasn't; and that it was another type. There are more examples of this. I have now installed WIN98 again, but because of the first attempt, I am still having problems. I WILL get a handle on this. I installed WIN98 on my system, because I am upgrading to NT system. And the only way Microsoft is going to let you do this is from WIN98 NOT WIN95!. If your system is operating OK, I would not suggest this upgrade. It makes for a more user friendly desktop and internet interaction, but that is all. thanx for the "space", that is, if you get this. Bill
'85 GL
[*Magic*Bus*]
Big Sky Country
<><
  Hi Bill

Seems like the WIN98 is to be the same kind of crap as the -95 was in the beginning :->
I guess the best thing to do is living with the -95 ´till -00 and then hope for Microsoft to release a -02 so you could get a -98 that´s working!
Or  the -99 model, -98#2.
I´m glad you passed the info though, I´ve been thinking about trying  a beta version myself, but knowing what I know now, I´ll pass ;-)
BTW: I see people answering with comments like Buy a Mac !
Is this comming from the  truck or fruit company ???

Calle
-88 Vanagon
Mullhyttan, Sweden