After experiencing this gawd-awful heat of late, I've decided to see if I could
"resurrect" the a/c in my '85 passenger van.  It's been almost seven years since its been in operation.  As I recall, it had a slow leak and I just never bothered to have it fixed.  My biggest concern is the compressor as the seals are probably kaput.  Can my current compressor be rebuilt or should I resign myself to put out several hundred (five or six) dollars for a new one?

Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Phil in Vacaville, Ca.