Since there seems to be an excess of = hot, summer air south of the 49th parallel, some of you might be interested in a = little trick to provide some flow through ventilation when your Westfalia is parked.

I had a local machine shop construct = a kind-of-a-gizmo-whatcha-ma-call-it-thing (n.b. this is not a technical = term) that allows the rear hatch to be locked and propped open about two inches.

It looks kinda-like a small wrench = about four inches long, with one end going slipping over the post (striker pin?) = with a quarter turn. The rear hatch or lid is then closed normally and clicks = into the other end of the gizmo. The hatch can then be locked into position = allowing a few inches (two inches in my case) gap. This provides g-r-e-a-t flow = through ventilation in the van with the skylight or the roof popped up with the = screen open.

Cost? About$45 (four years ago).