Hey volks,
I know this was a recent thread, but = at the time I wasn't having any problems and now I am.
At least once a day the turbo-diesel = refuses to crank over when I turn the key.  If I get out there and tap the starter-solenoid with a hammer it will start.  The starter appears = to crank just fine, plenty of speed, torque, etc. and the engine starts.  Is = my problem in the solenoid? and if so, what can go wrong with it?  = After all the solenoid is just a big electro magnet that slams shut sends juice to = the starter and at the same time pulls the starter gear into the = flywheel.  Or is the problem in the black relay box on the firewall that also works = the glow plugs?  And while I'm on that topic, my glow plug light lights up, = but never goes out until I turn the key.  It's like it doesn't have the = time delay dependant on engine temperature function working any = more.  Any thoughts diesel people?
Mark = Thoma