I'm back on the list = after a four day vacation that put my Westfalia out of commission big time for about = 10 days. My four day jaunt cost me a new engine (and I don't mean search engine). = Two days into our trip the engine blew a head gasket (third time in 18 = months). Two local respectable VW repair shops investigated and concurred that the VW = remanufactured cylinder heads were suspect. Getting recompense from VW = is virtually impossible in this case so...it was a new engine plus exhaust manifold, ball joints, and control arm bushings to rectify other = problems. Ouch! Now I can't afford to go camping but wait...it doesn't matter -the = fridge won't cool properly anyway.

Roy O.
'87 Westfalia (till = death do us part)
West St. Paul, = Manitoba, Canada