From: gerry rafferty <gerryr@DIRECT.CA>
To: = Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>
Dat= e: Sunday, August 23, 1998 3:29 AM
Subject: Re: Ball = joints replacement

Took my van in for a wheel alignment-requires upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends.
Tried getting info from archives = but it times out.
So has anyone tried changing = above items?
Is it worth trying to do myself = or let a VW mechanic do the job?
I have the Haynes and Bentley = manuals-the upper ball joints and tie rod replacement I think I can do but the = lower ball joints look difficult in the VW tools required.
Does anyone have exact location = in archives(Month,Year) of above info?
Any opinions/suggestions welcomed.
Thanks
GerryR