Sounds like the valve has seized in the valve guide and is causing high resistance to the force of the push rod on the rocker.  I'd try to move the valve using a tire iron or so as a lever.  See if it moves as freely as the other valves

Bruce Morrison wrote:

 After neglecting to repair my nonfunctioning temp gage, I lost my water pump/alt belt and over heated my trusty  86 westy to the point where it stalled and bent a pushrod/tube.After replacing pushrod&tube I restarted it and bent the new ones the same. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong would be greatly appreaceated. Bruce Morrison(brm@umich.edu)

--
James Wagner