According to a local VW dealership, = VW Canada had tested Canadian gasolines a few years back and gave their stamp of = approval to Shell gasolines. The independent mechanic to whom I trust my vehicle = now, strongly recommends staying away from ethanol type fuel due to its = rubber destroying tendencies.

As for myself, I use fuel from the = big three here in Canada (Shell, Esso, Petro-Canada (formerly Gulf Canada))...and always 89 octane. My = vehicle's engine tended to stumble using anything lower than 89.

Roy = O.
'87 Westfalia
(till death us do part)