Sounds like pure and = simple 'big brother' paranoia here. Having years of experience driving with DRL here = in Canada, I was curious to see what the commotion was about so I checked = out http://www.lightsout.org/ . = Frankly, I thought the arguments were kinda wimpy. Driving with DRL is safer for = everyone concerned, I believe. And no, your eyes are not affected by glare (the = DRL operate at lower candle power). It's much easier in broad daylight (no = matter what latitude all you geographers are in) to spot a vehicle with DRL in = the on-coming lane (even with every other vehicle driving with = DRL).
I love driving those big, smooth, multi-laned U.S. highways but I tell = ya', I feel safer on Canadian roads because of DRL.

Roy O.
'87 = Westfalia
(till death do us part)