= Listees,
First, = many apologies for the small font (I'm working = with our network manager to find the problem). = Anyway, in my quest to find a non-rusted = Westy away from the salt states of the Midwest = (like here in Iowa), I've located what appears = to be a definite candidate! Its located = in southern California near some of my family. = Its an 87 GL Westy with 57,000 miles owner = is asking $13,900. Auto trans and air. = Its in showroom condition. Anyway, I'm = getting serious enough to fly out and look = at it. Before I go I thought I'd ask your = advice as to the list of items I should = check out before I buy. I'm relatively mechanically = minded but new to Westys and have only done = basic maintenance on my other VWs. I won't = have access to tools and I don't know a = reliable mechanic in the area to check it = out for me so for the most part, this will = be a sight and drive type of check. Am = I crazy? Should I stay in Iowa and put my = plane fair in mutual funds :-) Any help/advice = would be greatly appreciated!
Jim

jfritz@decorah.k12.ia.us